Canine injuries and diseases which Veterinary Physiotherapy & Manipulation may be able to help.
Veterinary Physiotherapy,Manipulation & Shiatsu can help with a wide range of conditions, including:
- Back/neck/limb pain management or injury
- Degenerative joint disease (DJD)
- Rehabilitation pre & post operatively, eg.Amputation, Elbow or Hip Dysplasia (Femoral Head Removal/Hip Replacements)
- Acute & chronic soft tissue injuries, eg muscle tears, tendon strains, joint capsule or ligament sprains
- Muscle hypotrophy(wastage)
- Osteochondrosis Dissecans (OCD)
- Fracture Repair & Rehabilitation
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture/Degeneration
- Patella Luxation
- To ease compensations from other injuries.
- Intervertebral Disc Disease (Spinal) Surgery: Pre & Post-operative rehabilitation eg. laminectomy, hemi-laminectomy or ventral slot surgery.
- Central or peripheral nerve damage
- Balance/vestibular disorders eg labyrinthitis
- Congenital Degenerative Myelopathy (CDRM)
- Fibrocartilaginous embolism (FCE)
- Extruded intervertebral disc, common in chondrodystrophic breeds eg Daschunds, Bulldogs & Basset Hounds
Performance & Lifestyle:
- Sport dog (fly-ball, agility, racing) injury rehabilitation and performance enhancement.
- Working dog (gun, sheep, search/rescue) injury rehabilitation and fitness programmes
- Obesity Management.
- Reduced mobility, stiffness or weakness in older animals.
**Prior to treatment animals require a referral and permission of their Veterinary Surgeon in accordance with the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966.**